Onboard Tanker from Darwin to Japan
Clean / neutralise onboard fuel storage tanks on Tanker
November / December 2019
Scope of Work:
Mobilise equipment and trained personnel to safely enter and clean / neutralise the onboard fuel storage tanks.
- Within 48 hours’ notice, APMS mobilised 7 x Acid Specialised trained and qualified in emergency rescue, BA trained, senior first aid and confined space entry and rescue.
- Our crew where onboard tanker from Darwin to Japan cleaning and neutralising the onboard fuel storage tanks while at sea.
- Entry into the fuel storage tanks were performed using full breathing apparatus – initially on BA bottles, and then transferring to long lines.
- Mobilised equipment and 7 x personnel within 48 hours
- Project delivered on time and within budget
- Zero safety incidents / recordable injuries
- Industry-first for APMS to work onboard an LNG tanker
- 2024-man hours worked onboard the fuel tanker